BC Government Vaccine Rollout Plan
January 22, 2021
Today, the BC Government provided an update on the COVID-19 vaccine rollout plan.
- In the past six weeks, over 100,000 British Columbians have been vaccinated – those who are most vulnerable.
- The Plan now will get 4.3 Million vaccinated by end of September which is 8.6 million vaccines (2 does per person)
- By April, a large scale vaccination program for the public will begin. And by the end of September, everyone who wants a vaccine will have one.
- This strategy for rollout is the largest vaccine program in BC’s history.
- The focus now is on those greatest at risk first – and the risk increase exponentially over 70.
- New Data on Age-Based Approach – adults older than 60 years have at least 5X increased odds of hospitalization and mortality from COVID-19 compared to those aged less than 45 years.
- Eligibility will be aged based starting with people born in 1941 or earlier are first ones for the vaccine in Feb/early March.
- 4 Phases for the vaccine rollout – based primarily on age and protecting those most at risk.
- Currently in Phase 1 and will continue to end of Feb. Phase 3 and Phase 4 (April-June, July to Sept) will be general population. Phase 1 and 2 will target the at risk populations.
Learn more about the full plan here.
Dealer Members with New Car Dealers Association
We represent more than 390 New Car Dealers throughout British Columbia.