COVID Impact Survey
December 22, 2020
Thank you for participating in the most recent edition of our COVID Impact Survey. See the latest results from the BC Chamber.
- Impacts on businesses from the COVID-19 pandemic are similar to those reported in previous pulse checks. The most common impact continues to be decreased sales volume, reported by 72% of businesses.
- 51% (higher proportion than in the past) reporting increasing operating costs, likely due to costs associated with new restrictions.
- 62% of businesses report that their revenue has decreased by over 25% since the pandemic began.
- 22% of businesses report that they expect to operate for 6 months or less given current restrictions, support measures, and operating costs.
- Businesses report that top factors limiting their ability to increase sales or production include:
- Insufficient domestic demand (50%)
- Shortage of working capital (25%)
- Insufficient foreign demand (24%)
Read the full report here.
Dealer Members with New Car Dealers Association
We represent more than 390 New Car Dealers throughout British Columbia.