Health Updates for Feb 23
February 23, 2021
Federal Government Health Updates
849,517 confirmed cases to date in Canada and 21,723 deaths.
Total recovered: 796,630 (94%).
For complete data from the Public Health Agency, visit here.
Update on Restrictions
Canada’s chief public health officer says results from COVID-19 vaccinations are so encouraging that the need for lockdowns and restrictions could be over before the end of the summer.
Read more here.
BC Public Health Updates
New cases reported today since last reporting period: 559.
Of these cases:
- 132 are in Vancouver Coastal Health
- 278 in Fraser Health
- 39 in Island Health
- 43 in Interior Health
- 66 in Northern Health
Total cases in BC who have tested positive to date: 77,822
Hospitalizations and deaths: 238 are hospitalized and 69 are in ICU due to COVID-19.
- 1 new death to report today. Total to date: 1,336.
- 71,753 people with COVID-19 have fully recovered (92%)
BC Vaccine Roll-out
- To date, 287,950 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in B.C., with 58,896 people receiving second doses (200 reported adverse reactions).
- Immunization data is available on the COVID-19 dashboard: www.bccdc.ca
What’s happening today in BC regarding COVID-19?
Other resources and updates regarding BC’s COVID-19 response – visit here.
Dealer Members with New Car Dealers Association
We represent more than 390 New Car Dealers throughout British Columbia.