Health Updates on COVID-19
January 7, 2021
Federal Health Updates
- 626,799 confirmed cases to date in Canada and 16,369 deaths.
- Total recovered: 531,227 (85%).
Total cases in BC who have tested positive to date: 56,015. Of these cases,
- 94 are in Vancouver Coastal Health
- 484 in Fraser Health
- 23 on Vancouver Island
- 96 in Interior Health
- 65 in Northern Health
Hospitalizations and deaths:
- 372 are hospitalized and 74 are in ICU due to COVID-19.
- 8 new deaths to report today. Total to date: 970.
- 47,374 people with COVID-19 have fully recovered (84%)
- To date, 41,064 people have received a COVID-19 vaccine in British Columbia.
Health Orders Extended
- All current health orders in place, including restrictions on social gatherings in homes, are extended to February 5.
- Further news updated here.
Other resources and updates regarding BC’s COVID-19 response – visit here.
Additional surgeries added for patients – read more.
Dealer Members with New Car Dealers Association
We represent more than 390 New Car Dealers throughout British Columbia.