COVID-19 Response for BC’s New Car Dealers
The NCDA has developed a list of resources to support you during this unprecedented time in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Many organizations are providing their customers with what their response plan is for COVID19. You may want to develop and share your health and safety action plan to help protect customers and staff at your dealership (s).
We continue to closely monitor updates, and remain proactive to navigate the developments of COVID-19. For national and local updates, visit the resource link from the Public Health Agency of Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
Below are are links to the leading sources of information, which we hope will assist you in both your business and personally:
Important Support Announced by the Government of Canada
- NEW: Wage Subsidy for Employers
- NEW: Business Credit Availability Program
- NEW: Support for Small Businesses
- Canada’s Economic Response Plan to COVID-19: Read the plan here, March 18
- Stay up to date on updates from the Government of Canada here.
- New measures to mobilize Canadian industry to produce medical equipment, announced March 20.
- Update on border restrictions, March 20
- Service Canada updates
Response by Canada’s Big Six Banks:
Government of Canada:
- Public Health Agency of Canada – Current Situation
- Government of Canada, Awareness Resources
- Government of Canada, Travel Notices
- Centres for Disease Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/guidance-business-response.html
- CPHR BC & Yukon: https://cphrbc.ca/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-canadian-employers/
- Canadian HRReporter: https://www.hrreporter.com/employment-law/news/7-key-questions-for-employers-dealing-with-covid-19/327403
- Canadian Labour and Employment Law
- World Health Organization – Getting your Workplace Ready for COVID-19
- World Health Organization Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak
BC specific resources:
- BC Centre For Disease Control
- Vancouver Coastal Health
- BC Government News Updates
- BC Public Health Officer updates: Dr. Bonnie Henry and the Health Minister brief the public at 3:00 PM on weekdays, and this is available live from a number of radio and TV channels. It can be found on BC1 and Global B.C has been live streaming it on their Facebook.
- COVID19 Self Assessment Tool
- Significant Financial Aid Package announced for BC by Premier Horgan, March 23
- List of essential services in BC
- Important message to stakeholders – Check this site regularly for updates.
- Licence renewals and payment deferrals now available during pandemic
BC Hydro – Rate Relief Program:
WorkSafe BC Updates
Tracking Every Case in Canada – CTV Analysis
Tracking Every Case in the World – John Hopkin’s University
How can my business prepare for COVID-19 disruptions?
- Thanks to the team at MNP for developing these resources – check out the resources here on how to prepare.
- Business Support Centre
- WEBINAR: How to cope with the impacts of COVID-19 on your business – Free on-demand BDC Webinar
- How can my business adapt to COVID-19 – BDO
Greater Vancouver Board of Trade
KPMG Online Resource Centre
- Online resource centre here.
Guidelines for Employers, developed by KSW Lawyers
Resources and Daily Updates from the Conference Board of Canada
Canadian Federation of Independent Business
Blakes Resource Centre
The NCDA’s Official Suppliers, Associate Members and industry partners have stepped up and are offering a variety of programs to Dealer Members during this health pandemic.
- First Canadian Financial Group: First Canadian offers continuity of business to NCDA Members
- Canada’s Banks: Big 6 Canadian banks offer flexibility on financial solutions on a case-by-case basis
- Trader Corporation: TRADER Corporation rolls out a 50 per cent price reduction on autoTRADER.ca products
- CARFAX Canada: Supporting BC’s New Car Dealers
- Cox Automotive: Providing discounts and supports to BC’s New Car Dealers, including: click here.
- SiriusXM Canada: See current offers
- Radius Security: Maintaining Levels of Service for our customers
Bulletins and Updates to Members
Not receiving the NCDA’s updates and would like to join our mailing list? Please contact us.
NCDA Contact Information
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. While we will not be conducting in person meetings and have instituted a work from home policy, we are here for you and will continue to conduct our business and provide the level of service you expect from us during this challenging time. We’re here to help.
While the NCDA Office is closed and staff are working remotely, we will continue to monitor emails and phone calls so should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach us at:
President and CEO
Phone: Office: 604-214-9964