COVID-19: Resources for BC’s New Car Dealers
The NCDA has developed a page of resources to support you during this unprecedented time in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Many organizations are providing their customers with what their response plan is for COVID19. You may want to develop and share your health and safety action plan to help protect customers and staff at your dealership (s).
We continue to closely monitor updates, and remain proactive to navigate the developments of COVID-19.
For national and local updates, visit the resource link from the Public Health Agency of Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
Below are links to the leading sources of information, which we hope will assist you in both your business and personally:
Important Support Announced by the Government of Canada
- Wage Subsidy for Employers Program (CEWS)
- Calculator launched at CRA for CEWS – apply now!
- CEWS (Canadian Emergency Wage Subsidy) Phone line: 1-833-966-2099
CRA Resource link: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/subsidy/emergency-wage-subsidy.html
- CERB FAQ and Resource page
- COVID-19 Awareness Resources
- Business Credit Availability Program
- Support for Small Businesses
- Canada’s Economic Response Plan to COVID-19: Read the plan here.
- Stay up to date on updates from the Government of Canada here.
- New measures to mobilize Canadian industry to produce medical equipment, announced.
- Update on border restrictions
- Service Canada updates
Response by Canada’s Banks:
Government of Canada:
- Public Health Agency of Canada – Current Situation
- Government of Canada, Awareness Resources
- Government of Canada, Travel Notices
- Centres for Disease Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/guidance-business-response.html
- CPHR BC & Yukon: https://cphrbc.ca/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-canadian-employers/
- Canadian HRReporter: https://www.hrreporter.com/employment-law/news/7-key-questions-for-employers-dealing-with-covid-19/327403
- Canadian Labour and Employment Law – Resources
- World Health Organization – Getting your Workplace Ready for COVID-19
- World Health Organization Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak
BC specific resources:
BC’s Restart Plan Launched May 6 – Guidelines to Re-Open Sectors of the Economy
- BC Centre For Disease Control (BC CDC Updates)
- Vancouver Coastal Health
- BC Government News Updates
- BC Public Health Officer updates: Dr. Bonnie Henry and the Health Minister brief the public at 3:00 PM on weekdays, and this is available live from a number of radio and TV channels. It can be found on BC1 and Global B.C has been live streaming it on their Facebook.
- COVID19 Self Assessment Tool
- Significant Financial Aid Package announced for BC by Premier Horgan
- List of essential services in BC
- Small Business Support Centre Launched
- Message to Stakeholders – Check this site regularly for updates.
- Licence renewals and payment deferrals
- April 16 Financial relief for drivers.
BC Hydro – Rate Relief Program:
WorkSafe BC Updates
Tracking COVID-19 Cases in Canada – CTV Analysis
Tracking COVID-19 Cases around the World – John Hopkin’s University
Planning Business Resilience – Supports for Businesses
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce
How can my dealership prepare for COVID-19 disruptions?
- Resources from MNP – resources here on how to prepare.
- Business Support Centre
- WEBINAR: How to cope with the impacts of COVID-19 on your business – Free on-demand BDC Webinar
- How can my business adapt to COVID-19 – BDO
Greater Vancouver Board of Trade
KPMG Online Resource Centre
- Online resource centre here.
Guidelines for Employers, developed by KSW Lawyers
Resources and Daily Updates from the Conference Board of Canada
Canadian Federation of Independent Business
Blakes Resource Centre
Resources from NADA
The NCDA’s Official Suppliers, Associate Members and industry partners have stepped up and are offering a variety of programs to Dealer Members during this health pandemic.
- First Canadian Financial Group: Latest offers from First Canadian – April 2020
- CARFAX Canada: Supporting BC’s New Car Dealers
- Cox Automotive: Providing discounts and supports to BC’s New Car Dealers, including: click here.
- ADESA: Support for BC’s New Car Dealers. Click here.
- SiriusXM Canada: Check out their free music streaming services.
- Westkey Xibita- Product and Service Providers for Your Dealership
- Consolidated Dealers: Updated offers
- Trader Corporation: TRADER is reducing listing and subscription costs by 100% for May and June
- Radius Security: Maintaining Levels of Service for our customers
- LGM: Free access to LGM’s online dealer training platform here.
THANKS TO ALL OUR SUPPLIERS AND PARTNERS for THEIR SUPPORT!
Bulletins and Updates to Members
Not receiving the NCDA’s updates and would like to join our mailing list? Please contact us.
Contact the NCDA
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. While we will not be conducting in person meetings and have instituted a work from home policy, we are here for you and will continue to conduct our business and provide the level of service you expect from us during this challenging time. We’re here to help.
While the NCDA office is temporarily closed and staff are working remotely, we will continue to monitor emails and phone calls, so should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach us at:
President and CEO
Phone: Office: 604-214-9964