COVID-19: Resources for BC’s New Car Dealers
The NCDA has developed a page of resources to support you during this unprecedented time in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We continue to closely monitor updates, and remain proactive to navigate the developments of COVID-19.
For national and local updates, visit the resource link from the Public Health Agency of Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
Below are links to the leading sources of information, which we hope will assist you in both your business and personally:
Important Support Announced by the Government of Canada
Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
- Updates on Wage Subsidy details – what are the changes?
- CRA updates on the Canadian Emergency Rent Subsidy (CERS)
- CERB FAQ and Resource page
- COVID-19 Awareness Resources
- Business Credit Availability Program
- Support for Small Businesses
- Canada’s Economic Response Plan to COVID-19: Read the plan here.
- Stay up to date on updates from the Government of Canada here.
Government of Canada:
- Public Health Agency of Canada – Current Situation
Where can I find COVID-19 resources related to the Government of Canada?
- Government of Canada, Travel Notices
- Vaccine Rollout in Canada – stay up to date here.
- Centre for Disease Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/guidance-business-response.html
- World Health Organization – Getting your Workplace Ready for COVID-19
- World Health Organization Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak
BC specific resources:
- Public Health Orders are in place and subject to change:
- BC Centre For Disease Control (BC CDC Updates)
- BC’s Vaccine Roll-Out: Information, booking details and resources.
- Visit here.
- BC Government News Updates
- BC Public Health Officer updates: Dr. Bonnie Henry briefs the public during the week, and this is available live from a number of radio and TV channels. It can be found on BC1 and Global B.C has been live streaming it on their Facebook.
- COVID19 Self Assessment Tool
- Significant Financial Aid Package announced for BC
- List of essential services in BC
- Small Business Support Centre Launched
WorkSafe BC Updates
- WorkSafe BC Resources
- Resources for the Transportation sector, including dealerships
- Updates on mandatory masks – view here.
- COVID-19 Safety Plan guidance
- Enhanced Care
- Message to Stakeholders – Check this site regularly for updates.
- Licence renewals and payment deferrals
- April 16 Financial relief for drivers.
BC Hydro – Rate Relief Program:
Tracking COVID-19 Cases in Canada – CTV Analysis
Tracking COVID-19 Cases around the World – John Hopkin’s University
Planning Business Resilience – Supports for Businesses
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- CPHR BC & Yukon: https://cphrbc.ca/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-canadian-employers/
- Canadian HRReporter: https://www.hrreporter.com/employment-law/news/7-key-questions-for-employers-dealing-with-covid-19/327403
- Canadian Labour and Employment Law – Resources
How can my dealership prepare for COVID-19 disruptions?
- Resources from MNP – resources here on how to prepare.
- Business Support Centre
- WEBINAR: How to cope with the impacts of COVID-19 on your business – Free on-demand BDC Webinar
- How can my business adapt to COVID-19 – BDO
Greater Vancouver Board of Trade
KPMG Online Resource Centre
- Online resource centre here.
Guidelines for Employers, developed by KSW Lawyers
- Covid-19 Restrictions and Symptom Checklist Form for Workplaces
- Three Federal Benefits for Canadians to note – view here
- Updates to the Employment Standards Act
- Updates on WorkSafe BC changes
Resources and Daily Updates from the Conference Board of Canada
Canadian Federation of Independent Business
Blakes Resource Centre
Resources from NADA
The NCDA’s Official Suppliers, Associate Members and industry partners have stepped up and are offering a variety of programs to Dealer Members during this health pandemic.
- CADA 360 – HR Automation: View the program here for BC New Car Dealer members
- First Canadian Financial Group: Latest offers from First Canadian – April 2020
- CARFAX Canada: Supporting BC’s New Car Dealers
- Cox Automotive: Providing discounts and supports to BC’s New Car Dealers, including: click here.
- ADESA: Support for BC’s New Car Dealers. Click here.
- SiriusXM Canada: Check out their free music streaming services.
- Consolidated Dealers: Updated offers
- Trader Corporation: TRADER is reducing listing and subscription costs by 100% for May and June
- Radius Security: Maintaining Levels of Service for our customers
- LGM: Free access to LGM’s online dealer training platform here.
THANKS TO ALL OUR SUPPLIERS AND PARTNERS for THEIR SUPPORT!
Bulletins and Updates to Members
Not receiving the NCDA’s COVID-19 updates and would like to join our mailing list? Please contact us here.
Contact the NCDA
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. We are here for NCDA Members and will continue to conduct our business and provide the level of service you expect from us during this challenging time. We’re here to help.
While the NCDA office is temporarily closed and staff are working remotely, we continue to monitor emails and phone calls, so should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach us at:
President and CEO
Phone: Office: 604-214-9964