The NCDA’s members make a significant difference in communities across the province each day for a wide variety of charities and community supporting events. We thank our members for the tremendous impact they are having.
We also know that this is a difficult time for many, especially for those who rely on food banks, the Canadian Red Cross and more for assistance. Here are some further needs to consider supporting.
- BC Wildfire Appeal – Support the Red Cross efforts, donate here.
- Canadian Red Cross: Find your local branch here to support or click here to donate directly.
- Fall Food Bank Drives: Consider a donation of food or financial support, click here.
- Canadian Blood Bank has issued a call to donate here.
- Poppy Fund: Every year, from the last Friday of October to November 11, tens of millions of Canadians wear a poppy as a visual pledge to honour Canada’s veterans and remember those who sacrificed for the freedoms we enjoy today. While the poppy is distributed freely to all who wish to wear one, the Legion gratefully accepts donations to the Poppy Fund.
We want to hear more about how you are supporting your local community! Tweet us at @NCDA_BC and use the hashtag #BCCommunityDriver
If there are other ways that you are contributing, or if you’re are aware of needs in your community, please contact us and let us know.